Sunday, September 5, 2010

Requiescat In Pace

So I start my morning off by waking up over an hour late. On the road by 5:00? Nope... try 6:20. Anyway, I'm excited to be going off to Rexburg and my Dad is driving me down there. So about a quarter of the way there, Dad gets a phone call from my aunt and pulls off on the side of the highway. My grandma just passed away, and when I first heard, I was sobbing. But she passed peacefully in her sleep, with my grandpa near, for which I'm very grateful. I love my grandma and I'll miss her a lot. And yet even though I just found out today, I'm not terribly sad anymore. She's at peace and she lived a long life, and she was loved by everyone who knew her. She truly was a wonderful person, and knowing she's in peace is a comforting thought.

Tomorrow morning I move into my dorm, and I can't wait. I'm not sure anymore if it's that it hasn't hit me yet that I'll be gone from home for over three months, or if it's just that I'm ready to be on my own (partly), but I'm not that nervous. This is where I need to be and my nerves aren't attacking me the way they probably would have a year ago. I like to think that I've grown up a little in the past year. I mean, thinking of classes and the work involved instills a little worry, of course. But I'm not overwhelmed, which is a miracle in itself. So as it stands I've had a bit of a rough day, but nothing that's really broken me down. I know I'm where I need to be, and that my grandma is resting in a better place.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you, Danica. I'm really sorry about your grandmother, but you're right. She's in a wonderful place now! I hope you continue to handle it well. Know that you WILL see her again. :)

    School is going to be great for you. I know it! I have a wonderful feeling about it, for you. I can't tell you how excited I am for you, Danica. I want you to live your life to its fullest. I know that the Lord has a lot in store for you, and you're going to do all that you can to accomplish whatever task He gives you. I'm so proud of you, and I'm proud to call you my BEST friend; my sister.
    I love you, Danica! Keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete