Monday, November 1, 2010

It's November?

So surprise! It's November. CRAZY! Today I was looking on Facebook and I saw that my cousin's current status is "54 days till Christmas!" WHAT? That means that it's only 47 days till the last day of the semester... AH! I feel like time has flown by so fast here, yet I feel like I've been here for years. About a month after I got to BYUI I missed home and I couldn't wait to get back, but now it's really sad to think about. Plus our guy friends that we spend most of our time with won't be here next semester--they're all going off on their missions. It's truly an awesome thing, but it's still sad. Anyway...

To get onto a brighter topic-- So I was on Netflix looking for the movie Robin Hood that came out on DVD in September. I found it but it's disc only, so I would have to wait for it in the mail. Then I looked down the list at other Robin Hood related titles and what do I find? The BBC television series Robin Hood on instant play! I'd never seen/heard of it, but I like BBC, and I like Robin Hood. Stands to reason I would probably enjoy this show, right? So I watch the first episode and fall in love with it. Not even two weeks later and I'm already a few episodes away from having finished the series (3 seasons). I love it!

So Friday night we made a trip out to the dunes. I did not know that there were dunes around here until not that long ago. It kind of seems odd to think about. We had a pretty awesome time out there, though. We had a fire and got to meet a bunch of new people--it was great! I even earned myself the nickname of Smokey. I actually wonder if they remember my actual name... hmmm... Yeah so everyone was gathered around the fire and it was freezing cold out there, so the only place in the circle that had room up close to all the heated goodness was where all the smoke was blowing. I tied my beanie around my face so that I could actually breathe, but I couldn't prevent the tears from cascading down my face due to the burn of the smoke in the constantly. Hence the nickname Smokey.

We didn't really have a Halloween here and it really made me want sweets. Badly. So Saturday I went to Twizl Berry for the first time. DELICIOUS. No joke. Red velvet frozen yogurt topped with ridiculous amounts of candy? YES. It was definitely worth it. And when my family comes to get me for Thanksgiving, there's no way they're leaving here without trying it. There's no compromise on this one.

Ho-ly, it's NOVEMBER! HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1! Need I say more? Yes, I do have my tickets for the midnight showing in Idaho Falls already, you best believe it. AND I ordered a movie t-shirt to wear for the premiere, and it should arrive here sometime this week. I'm so excited about it, I'm calm. Yes, that is possible.

So all in all, life is grand. I'm happy, I'm going to assume whoever reads this is happy, everyone is happy. Because life is good. I got another 100% on my Book of Mormon quiz this morning; Book of Mormon is the only class I have today and it's amazing; Kevin's taking Rachel and I to the store later (FOOD!), which means we are stopping to eat somewhere; there's FHE tonight; and I have a little bit of homework to do. Today is just another great day at BYU Idaho.

And I'm pretty sure this is the longest post I've ever written. Seems fitting considering I haven't been updating a whole lot as of late... Just lovin' life.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're having fun out there, especially having a social life and still doing well in school! Wonderful. :)
    The dunes are pretty cool. I smelt like camp fire for days though... yuck. I can only imagine how "smokey" you smell. HAHA!
    I'm considering holding off on seeing Harry Potter until the second part comes out so I can just watch them both consecutively. Don't call me crazy! I'm glad you have your ticket already though! That should be a lot of fun. :)
    Your yogurt sounds questionable to me...
    Haha.

    I'm so glad you're having fun and doing well, Danica. Truly! I miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH I miss you too! You definitely need to have some Twizl Berry, you'll understand!
    How can I not call you crazy! I definitely do not have that much patience, especially when it comes to Harry Potter, haha.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete